Podcasts / recorded events
October 2018: Nils Klim samtalen 2018. TV-interview about my research (in Norwegian).
June 2018: “The Politics of Inclusion: Electoral Quotas in India,” The Nils Klim Seminar 2018.
August 2016: “Can electoral quotas advance social justice – and how do we know?” Chr. Michelsen Prize lecture at the 2016 Bergen Exchanges on Law & Social Transformation.
Articles I have written
Article series related to the Indian 2019 General Elections for the ThePrint (with Pradeep Chhibber and Harsh Shah), translated to Norwegian by Asiapunkt:
- On the growing size of the Indian electorate and constituencies (in Norwegian)
- On constituency size and electoral turnout (in Norwegian)
- On rural-urban and education differences in electoral turnout (in Norwegian)
- On the number of candidates in Indian elections (in Norwegian)
- On the competitiveness of Indian elections (in Norwegian)
- On the absence of electoral strongholds in Indian elections (in Norwegian)
Article series about the Indian 2019 General Elections for Norwegian news media (with Lars Tore Flåten, Kenneth Bo Nielsen, Arild Engelsen Ruud, Guro Warhuus Samuelsen):
- Hindunasjonalistisk parti går mot valgseier (Vårt land)
- Indisk spenning (Dagsavisen)
- Er valget i India slutten for dynastiet? (Vårt land)
- Demokrati eller autokrati i India (Morgenbladet)
- Modi er kommet for å bli (Klassekampen)
“Study shows Indian politicians are spending less and less time in legislative assemblies.” ThePrint, April 18, 2019
“Women and minorities in the Lok Sabha: Intersectionality in the Indian elections.” Asia Dialogue, April 15, 2019.
“Electoral Quotas as a Tool for Fighting Exclusion and Discrimination”. India in Transition, April 11, 2016. Re-posted as “The inclusive effects of electoral quotas” in the Hindu Business Line.
“Caste quotas in politics and development outcomes”. Ideas for India, April 14, 2016.
“Luften som dreper” (with Geir Heierstad and Kenneth Bo Nielsen). Bergens Tidende, August 16, 2015.
“Valg 2014: et nytt India?” Hvor hender det? September 1, 2014
Article series about the Indian 2014 General Elections for Norwegian news media (with Lars Tore Flåten, Geir Heierstad, and Kenneth Bo Nielsen):
- “Kraftig omveltning” (Ny Tid)
- “India-Norges fremtid” (NRK Ytring)
- “En splittende valgkandidat” (Klassekampen)
- “Truende maoister” (Ny Tid)
- “Hvem kan danne regjering i India?” (Aftenposten)
- “Indias tredje front” (Ny Tid)
- “Masken av” (Ny Tid)
- “Partiet uten leder” (Ny Tid)
- “Nye valgvinder i India” (Ny Tid)
“Virker politisk kvotering?” Aftenposten Viten, December 9, 2013.
“Lobbying, stray-dogs og europeisk integrasjon i Øst-Europas Paris” (with Riccardo F.W. Falco and Kristin Mørkestøl). Zoon Politikon, no 2, 2002, pp. 21-22.
Other media appearances
May 2019: Interview in Urix about the Indian general elections 2019 (Norwegian).
April 2019: Interview with me about the Indian general elections 2019 in Klassekampen (Norwegian).
April 2019: Introduction to the Indian general elections 2019 by the faculty of social sciences, UiO (Norwegian).
January 2019: Interview with Aftenposten about protests in the Sabarimala temple in Kerala.
January 2019: Radio interview with NRK news about the Norwegian PM’s visit to India.
March 2017: Article about my fieldwork for the March 8 celebration of International Women’s Day.
January 2016: Coverage of NUPI’s BALANCE project, aimed at supporting the career trajectory of NUPI’s female researchers.
October 2015: Article in Adresseavisen about rape in India.
July 2015: Article in Mint about my research on quotas in India.
November 2014: Article about the “Kiss for Love” campaign in Kerala.
May 2014: Article in VG about the election results in the Indian parliamentary elections.
May 2014: Article in E24 about the election results in the Indian parliamentary elections.
February 2013: Coverage of public lecture at Stovner vidergående skole.
May 2012: Coverage of a three day workshop about data analysis for the Election Commission of India.
August 2003: Article about student campaign at the University of Oslo.
September 1999: Article about one day I spent with a researcher on wolves in the Norwegian forest. This “Dream Day with a Scientist” was a special prize won in the competition Norwegian Young Scientists in 1999.